I had the great pleasure of being interviewed by Sarah at MysticMag the other day. Please enjoy the full interview at the link below:
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
What is Reiki?
You may have heard of Reiki before, but what is it, really? Reiki is a form of energy healing that has its roots in Japanese culture. The word "Reiki" comes from two Japanese words - "Rei" which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and "Ki" which is "life force energy". So Reiki can be interpreted to mean "spiritually guided life force energy."
Reiki is based on the idea that there is an unseen "life force energy" that flows through us and is what keeps us alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. A Reiki practitioner acts as a conduit for this Universal Life Force Energy and channels it through their hands into the client's body.
One of the great things about Reiki is that it can be used to complement other modalities and treatments. For example, many hospitals now have Reiki practitioners on staff to provide energy healing to patients before, during, and after surgery as studies have shown that patients who receive Reiki have less pain and anxiety both during and after surgery.
Reiki can also be used in conjunction with traditional medicine to help alleviate side effects and improve recovery time. Some common conditions that people seek out Reiki for include: headaches, fertility issues, digestive problems, anxiety, insomnia, and chronic pain.
Whether you are looking for an alternative form of healing or you would like to complement your current treatment plan, considering giving Reiki a try. Remember that a small amount of time spent receiving energy healing can have a profound and lasting impact on your overall health and wellbeing!
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Monday, November 28, 2016
61) Baby Tears…reminds one of the innocence and preciousness of being a newborn.
62) Bottom of the Ocean...creates a surreal environment, an otherworldy presence, creating a new perspective for looking at life. Different than Deep Ocean which is more about being on the surface, as opposed to deep beneath at the ocean's bottom.
63) Summer Rain....refreshes, washes away stagnant energy.
64) Tears of the Earth...connects one deeper to have empathy with the suffering of our planet in this age of high pollution and climate change.
65) The Water of Truth...creates a flow of energy that makes it easier to differentiate what is true and what is not true.
66) Continuous Waterfall...based on dreams I have had of bodies of water suspended in mid air....in this case a waterfall that simply flows without coming from anyplace or going anyplace, just a continuous flow not connected to land or sea. Creates a joyous sense of being care free from earthly problems.
67) Tears of the Animal Kingdom..connects one deeper to have empathy with the suffering of animals in this age of high pollution and factory farming.
68) Tears of the Trees...connects one deeper to have empathy with the trees in this age of clear cutting and deforestation.
69) Tears of Slaves...connects one deeper to have empathy with those people of our planet that have suffered from the plight of slavery (and those who still do).
70) Tears of Women...helps men have empathy for the suffering of women. Also can be used for women who might be disconnected from having empathy with their own gender.
71) Tears of Men...helps women have empathy for the suffering of men. Also can be used for men who might be disconnected from having empathy with their own gender.
72) Snowflake...works with the element of water to bring about a unique crystal pattern filled with beauty into the emotional body.
73) WaterSoul...far beyond the emotional body, brings water into ones entire soul essence.
74) Rippling Pond....a very meditative aspect of water, as though watching the ripples on the surface of a pond.
75) Lavender Bath ...refreshes and cleanses like a bath using this powerful herb.
76) Fountain of Youth....the name says it all.
77) Protection Bath...pours protective energy around you as though you have bathed with protective herbs and oils.
78) River Styx....in Greek myths Achilles was bathed in the river Styx to make him protected against all harm (except for his heels which his mother held him by). This energetic aspect of the element of water calls forth a similar protective energy.
79) Uncrossing Bath....aspect of water to release negative energy, even negative magical influences from others.
80) Water Current ....similar to River, but focused more on controlling/changing a current of energy rather than simply initiating a flow (the way River does). Used to re-channel energies/emotions into more positive directions than the current they might be on.
81) Moonlight on the Water....recreates that magical sense of moonlight reflecting on a body of water. Good for dreams, inspiration, manifesting.
82) Rosemary Tea...good for purification.
83) Chamomile Tea....good for relaxation and calming.
84) Divination Tea...replicates a tea recipe for psychic awareness and divination.
85) Nile....replicates the energy of this river sacred to the ancient Egyptians.
86) Waterspout....use the element of water to create an energetic waterspout...like a tornado made of water...great for removing energetic "junk" from the emotional body.
87) Vervain water...brings peace to the home can also help cast out negative spirits.
88) Esalen Hot Tub....replicates the relaxing energy of the powerful hot tubs of Esalen overlooking the pacific ocean.
89) Carnelian Elixir...inspires confidence.
90) Jade Elixir....reduces loneliness and sharpens the mind.
91) Solar water.....replicates water charged with Sunlight, brings vitality to the entire physical self.
92) Red water....similar to solar water, helps revitalize and recharge.
93) Orange water....sprinkle into a session to attract success
94) Yellow water..helps bring joy, lightness of being.
95) Blue water...helps relax, release stress.
96) Purple water (or Purple rain if you are a Prince fan)...brings wisdom, knowledge.
97) Green water...helps rejuvenate on all levels.
98) Pink water...inspires friendship, self love.
99) Dead Sea ...calls forth the energy of this sacred body of water.
100) Water Consciousness...brings about that consciousness innate to the element of water of being both a drop and the larger body of water simultaneously. So too are we individuals and part of the greater whole. As we connect with water consciousness, this mystical awareness becomes self evident.